Families are getting Out in the Aire this Winter!
7th February 2018
Play and Learning
Our Play and Learning sessions have been proving very popular with families all around the Aire Valley who are getting Out in the Aire this winter! Here are some of our favourite moments in January…
5 reasons to get out this winter
- It’s a learning experience – winter provides a perfect opportunity for children to explore and learn by jumping in muddy puddles, playing in the snow and seeing their environment differently to other seasons.
- Motor skills and overall health is improved – because it’s harder to walk on icy ground or along muddy paths this is good for practicing balance and improving muscle strength. Getting outside also helps to reduces childhood illnesses.
- It’s good for their immune system – warm, stuffy environments bread germs. Playing outdoors in the fresh air means coming in contact with less germs and more space to run around means less close contact with others.
- It boosts vitamin D levels – we all know that without it we feel tired and run down. Vitamin D makes us feel happy!
- Prevents cabin fever – get the kids wrapped up and head outdoors and you will notice a difference in their mood straight away. Parents will feel better too, promise!
Free taster sessions for nurseries
We are currently offering a free taster session for your nursery, pre-school and childminder settings who would like to hold outdoor learning sessions but do not have the right resources or skills to do so. If you feel you do not have the space at your setting to be able to have us come to you, we can discuss the options to visit woodland near you. Get in touch to find out more.
Our new volunteer
We welcome our new volunteer Nawal. Starting with us on Mondays at the beginning of 2018, Nawal recently completed her DoE Award and was really excited when she found out she could volunteer in a Forest School setting to broaden her experience and skills. We are really excited to have her on board!
If you are interested in volunteering with us please get in touch with Viky on 07535686374.
Out in the Aire is 1!
Out in the Aire is officially 1 year old this month. We have been running sessions for over 2 years now and became a registered company last February. We want to thank everyone who has supported us over the last few years and look forward to many more successful times out in the woods of the Aire Valley.